Last Sunday evening – I started dreaming of pancakes – I really have no idea why… but those little circular sweet treats were bouncing around in my subconscious and *hints* to HIM to make them fell a bit short. (Note to self – “Hints don’t work on men”)
Anyhoo – this past weekend, I relayed the story to friends and we laughed at how I had expected HIM to catch my hints… and eventually agreed that (no matter what) Sunday was going to be pancake day…. No hints necessary – just do it… And so it was!
(The Recipe came from a torn out magazine – which has no reference on the page to title or even issue… so I am unable to give credit)
I made the batter & attempted the first 2… but HIM was the real expert in making & flipping them!
We kept it simple – I doused mine in sugar & cinnamon & freshly squeezed lemon juice (served with some fresh berries) – while HIM ate his lathered in nutella or caramel or maple syrup (he basically ate one of each).
They were delicious and I can honestly say, easy to make… so this might easily become a Sunday evening tradition in the future!
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon oil
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt
- Make a well in the centre and break in the eggs
- Add a little of the milk & oil
- Whisk from the centre, gradually incorporating the flour until you get a thick paste
- Add the rest of the milk and continue to whisk until you get a smooth consistency
- Rest for 20minutes
- Using a soup ladle – add the liquid to a non-stick frying pan – tilting the pan to ensure that you get an even round layer
- cook for 30seconds and then flip up
- cook for a further 30seconds
Mmm – enjoy!