I am so behind on blog posts it is crazy!!! This is what happens when you have a baby (#2), go back to work full-time in a completely new position and try to balance everything while still maintaining some form of marriage, friendship, family, etc.
I have still been cooking and trying out new recipes – I just haven’t had a moment to sit down in front of the computer and actually pen a bit more than a few words on instagram… but I am going to try to get back into the swing of things… so here goes!
This dip is AMAZING… and probably even better than Hummus… yes, I said it! The recipe comes from the BBC Good Food Magazine (July 2019 issue) and I wouldn’t change a thing!
Courgette and Bean Dip
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 courgette (finely sliced)
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
400g tin of cannellini beans (drained)
1/2 lemon (juiced)
170g greek yoghurt
2 Tablespoons fresh mint
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Fry courgette and garlic until courgette are tender
- Set aside a couple of tablespoons (to top the dip)
- Put the rest into a bowl with beans, lemon juice, yoghurt and mint
- Blitz with a hand blender until smooth
- spoon into a serving bowl and top with remaining courgette
- Best served chilled (so I put ours in the fridge for about 2 hours) with pitta crisps & crudités