Recently going through the latest Delicious Magazine (July 2015 issue) – I was not only struck by how awesome the cover was (Raspberry ripple & pistachio parfait with crumbled honeycomb) – but I was also impressed by the number of recipes that I had tagged to “make”.
Which is why – within a day of reading – I had already whipped up their Ricotta Torte. I omitted the honey & walnut drizzle and served mine without nectarines… and although I loved it, HIM was not a fan. It wasn’t too sweet (which I loved, HIM not so much) and had the consistency of a baked cheesecake with the hint of South African Milktart (so bit like a bite of home)
Would I make it again? Maybe… if it was for like-minded (tasting) folks like me, then yes… but if it was for HIM and other sweet toothed friends & family – then I might have to add the honey drizzle or make something else.
Baked Orange Ricotta Cheese Cake
250g butter (softened)
1 teaspoon of orange blossom essence
zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cream sugar & butter until light & fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk ricotta with orange blossom & orange zest until smooth
- Combine ricotta mixture with butter mixture
- Sift over the flour & baking powder and stir in gently to combine
- Spoon into a greased cake tin
- Bake for 60min (or until skewer test comes out clean)
- Cook for 15min before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely