Do you ever look at images on Pinterest or Instagram and marvel at the beauty of things that others can create? I do… particularly at the food images and I pretty much drool over my mobile phone screen as I like & scroll through the different feeds.
When I saw the Ombré Berry Pancakes from Wife Mama Foodie… I fell in love! Her pictures were so beautiful and I somehow convinced myself that if I made the same recipe, mine “could” look like hers… HA HA…
In reality, mine were a lot more grainy/spotty (maybe I should have put the berry puree through a sieve?)… but I can attest to the fact that they were so easy to make and absolutely delicious, that I would happily make them again!
Ombré Berry Pancakes
1 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3 teaspoons of flour
a few pinches of salt
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of butter (melted)
1 & 1/4 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 cup of mashed blueberries (and/or blackberries)
- Take 3 medium mixing bowls and within each bowl place: 1/2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- Leave the 1st bowl plain. In the 2nd bowl, add 1 heaped Tablespoon of the berry puree and add the remaining berry puree to the 3rd bowl.
- Into the first bowl, add 1/2 cup of milk and mix until JUST combined (pourable batter)
- Into the 2nd bowl, add 1/3 cup of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar and mix until JUST combined
- Into the 3rd bowl, add 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar and mix until JUST combined. You might need to add a little bit more milk to keep the consistency of all 3 bowls the same.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Flip over when the bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Repeat until all the batter is used up