A colleague recently reminded me about the HelloFresh concept (weekly delivery of ingredients & recipes for a certain number of meals for the family) and offered for me to try a box on a *free* coupon that she had been given. I had tried the concept in July last year (read the review here) and thought that the concept was pretty good, but I didn’t like the fact that recipes/website were in Dutch only and that there wasn’t much choice when it came to the meals each week.
The good news is that they have evolved!! Although the website is still only available in Dutch or French, you do get an email that allows you download the recipes in English just before your order is delivered. AND you can choose within 10 menu’s that change weekly! (Another bonus is that I notice that their price has remained the same=> 53€ for 5 meals for 2 people)
We got an original box => 5 meals for 2 people. And I have to say that a few of those meals were portioned for 3 rather than 2… meaning that we have some soup in the freezer and HIM or I could have leftovers for lunch the next day. One of those meals was the White Mushroom Lasagna – which was delicious but very filling & rich!
I have never made a béchamel / white sauce like this before – but talk about hiding the vegetables!!
We are currently signed up for a regular original box and I am loving the fact that for a few nights each week, I don’t have to *think* about “What’s for supper?” and the ingredients/groceries required – PLUS it has allowed us to widen our repertoire of cooking (and eating) and increase our vegetable intake. Indeed… we are definitely getting our 5-a-day in now! (I also signed up for their wine box but that is another story :))
This recipe is definitely a make again AND perfect for a vegetarian!
White Mushroom Lasagna
1 head of cauliflower
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
200ml single cream
50g cheese, grated
500ml vegetable stock
6 Tablespoons flour
- Cut cauliflower in smaller pieces and using a food processor, make into crumbs
- Gently fry the onion & garlic & cauliflower in 2 tablespoons of butter for 2minutes in a deep saucepan. Remove from heat
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same saucepan
- Stir in the flour, mixing for 2minutes at a medium heat
- Add stock slowly, mixing well with a whisk to avoid lumps
- Bring to the boil, then add the cauliflower mix along with the mushrooms to the sauce
- Add the single cream and 1/3 of the cheese (along with Salt & Pepper to taste)
- leave on the heat for 2minutes
- in an oven dish, layer the lasagna sheets & sauce => repeating until all the sauce is used up
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake at 200C for 20-25minutes