At the beginning of the year, I decided to make a few small changes in my eating habits – nothing drastic (as if I could actually give up on all good food things ;)) and started walking each day. 6months done the track, I had lost 7kg and had signed up for the SleekGeek online community and their 8week challenge PLUS I purchased the plan from BodyBoss for added motivation (both exercise and meal plan ideas). 8months down the track and 11kg was gone… *poof*
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love food and Sunday pancakes are pretty much a monthly event in our household – which is why I started to try out different pancake recipes from the BodyBoss meal plan booklet.
I call these Banana pancakes … while they call it “berry me in pancakes”… whatever it is called – they are delicious!!
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 large banana (mashed)
- Mix flour and bicarb of soda in one bowl
- In another bowel, mix together the banana, milk and vanilla extract
- Carefully add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and lightly mix together (don’t!! overmix!!)
- lightly wipe a non-stick frying pan with oil
- Spoon mixture onto frying pan and cook over a medium heat
- cook on both sides, until golden
- Serve as you wish (I added some homemade strawberry jam and a handful of berries to mine)