My oldest daughter is almost at the end of her first year of pre-school (she is 3,5 years old) and of course, the school indicated that they would have a little fair to raise some money and of course celebrate the year together… asking parents to assist in some way or another. The best that I could offer was to bake something.
I had seen an interesting “Traybake” recipe in the May 2019 issue of the BBC Good Food Magazine… and on closer inspection, realized that it was essentially a basic cake mixture which I would then make but bake as individual cupcakes.
WINNER.. I just hope that those 3-4 year olds have a discerning palate like me, as these were fantastic and light!
150g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cream butter together with the sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition
- Sift the flour and fold into the mixture along with the vanilla essence
- Divide mixture into 12 greased papercups
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes