I have never made a clafoutis before and to be absolutely honest, I have never tried one (that I am aware of) or even considered making one before.
But as I was leafing through the Pick n Pay Fresh Living magazine from my mom visiting from South Africa – I saw this recipe (July 2018 issue) and decided that it looked super easy and delicious, so it went into my *make* pile of papers.
It is normally made with fresh cherries – but you can also use a stone fruit … fresh or canned – like I did! I also added Raspberries and their tart freshness really complimented the sweetness of the peaches and the baked custard.
4 Tablespoons cake flour
250ml hot milk
1 can (400g) peach halves (drained)
200g fresh raspberries
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl
- Whisk together eggs and cream
- Gradually add the milk to the mixture
- Slowly whisk in the flour until smooth
- Pour into a greased ovenproof dish
- Bake at 170C for 40-45 minutes