Coming back from holiday means that desserts still need to be tasty but obviously more healthy and if possible, lower in calories…. right??
I was making my favourite beef stew for sunday lunch and I needed something sweet to serve afterwards… so back to my trusty pile of food magazines and lo and behold… I found this recipe in the BBC Good Food Magazine (July 2018 issue) for “Frozen berry & gingernut yoghurt pots”… except I didn’t have gingernut biscuits, so I substituted them with coconut biscuits (Tennis biscuits that I had brought back from South Africa) and I used paper ice-cream cups as the basis.
Frozen Berry and coconut biscuit yoghurt dessert
100g tennis biscuits
387g condensed milk
250g red berries (raspberries and strawberries)
250g purple berries (blueberries and blackberries)
500g Greek yoghurt
- Place biscuits into a food processor and blitz into crumbs
- Add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk and blend to make crumbs
- Divide biscuit crumbs between 8 paper cups, pressing down with a back of a spoon
- Put half the yoghurt and condensed milk with the red berries into the food processor and blend until smooth
- divide between the 8 cups (on top of the biscuit base)
- Put the remaining yoghurt and condensed milk with the purple berries into the food processor and blend until smooth
- divide between the 8 cups (on top of the red berry mixture)
- Freeze for at least 4hours before serving