Another year, another reason to celebrate, right???
I got to ring in the new year with some awesome friends at the end of May, in our 4th floor apartment in Brussels. It was a hot, humid day and there were 7 children under the age of 3 running around, screeching and have fun. Sounds crazy, eh?
I opted to keep things simple and serve crudités/dip, fresh fruit sliced up, while HIM ordered a cake from the Portuguese bakery as well as a large amount of various Portuguese rissois (a traditional deep fried savoury snack something like a croquette, but could be filled with meat, chicken, fish, etc) and of course, I made a cake (because cheesecake is a cake in my books, ok!?).
I had planned on making this granadilla cheesecake recipe, but then at the last minute decided to rather make it a lemon flavoured. It was super easy to make, required no baking and went down well.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
200g coconut biscuits (crushed)
1/4 cup of butter (melted)
1 packet of lemon jelly
1 cup boiling water
250g cream cheese
1 tin (385g) condensed milk
- Mix jelly powder with boiling water until dissolved, set aside to cool
- Mix crushed biscuits with melted butter and press into a greased spring-form cake tin
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and then slowing add the condense milk, continuously beating until smooth
- Mix in the cooled jelly mixture
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and place in the fridge for 3-4hr (or until set)