I had the pleasure of discovering the blog “chef in disguise” when I was part of the now defunct *Secret Recipe Club* (a monthly *secret santa* style recipe swap club). From the SRC club – I made her cheese wreath bread and then later on, I was inspired by her apricot jam post.
During June, I saw her post (and instagram image) about fluffy pumpkin pancakes… and OMG did they look delicious. I actually roasted pumpkin one evening just so that I could make these for our breakfast one Sunday morning!
HIM declared them to be the *BEST* pancakes that I had ever made – which is truly high praise from the man who normally indicates that something tastes good with a “I don’t dislike it”.
A definite make again => and enough to feed 2 hungry adults, a hungry toddler & provide a container of leftover snacks for aforementioned toddler for the next day.
1.5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoons butter (softened)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- sift flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon into a large mixing bowl
- in another bowl, whisk milk, pumpkin puree, egg, butter, sugar & vanilla
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Grease & heat a nonstick frying pan
- add a scoop of batter (approx. 1/4 cup) to the frying pan (I found that I could do 3 at a time)
- cook on a medium heat until you see bubbles forming, then flip to cook the other side