In my normal excitable state when it comes to food shopping, I bought more plums than we could eat before they got really ripe. (oops)
But do not fear – this is always a good excuse to bake… right? (I wonder if subconsciously this was my plan all along??)
I found this recipe online (google-box) on the NY Time cooking section for what they called a *Plum Torte*… but to me, this was a cake.
Whatever you want to call it – it was delicious! Simple to make, 50min in the oven and ta-da… a yummy treat easily enjoyed as a hot pudding with custard after dinner or just a slice with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
12 plums, halved
- Beat sugar & butter together
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Sift in flour & baking powder & combine
- Pour into a greased cake tin
- place halved plums on top of cake batter (skin side down)
- Bake at 180C for 40-50min