When people decide to pursue their love of food and start up their own business serving their local community – I am definitely one of the first people to stand up & help support (crowd funding, kiss kiss bank bank or whatever might make the most sense)
So when I saw a new concept in Brussels of having breakfast delivered to your front door… I thought the idea novel and quaint.
Don’t get me wrong – sometimes, the highlight of my weekend is going out with HIM and the monkey for breakfast/brunch somewhere… but sometimes, just sometimes – you also want to laze about in your pj’s while still enjoying freshly baked goods, soft boiled eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice and steaming hot cups of ** (whatever your heart fancies)… without actually having to go to the shops or even enter your kitchen.
Which is where Breakfast Delivery Brussels comes in.
A simple concept… either a Simple or Deluxe breakfast…
- orange juice
- pistolet (a bread roll)
- croissant or pain au chocolat
- Jam & chocolate spread OR ham & cheese
- Hard or soft boiled eggs with toasted bread soldiers
- All the above
- yoghurt with granola & fruit OR chia-coconut pudding with fruit
- Toast with Avocado & Salmon
you always have the option to add (for an extra euro): pistolet, croissant, pain au chocolat, jam/chocolate spread, ham & cheese. And you can make it extra special by including some bubbles too! Either in 35.7cl or a full 75cl bottle
I had supported the concept via Kiss Kiss Bank Bank – and therefore got 2x Deluxe breakfasts… (suppose to include a bottle of champers but I think that this must have been mislaid – but that really didn’t matter and a delicious pot of home made rhubarb & strawberry jam)
What do you think? Pretty impressive eh?
There was SO MUCH food – that we ate off it for 2 days! I loved the yoghurt with home-made granola & fruit (so much so – that I “stole” HIM’s for the next days breakfast) and the salmon/avo toast was left for the afternoon.
Why we loved it:
- Our delivery slot was 9-10am and I got a phone call at 8h50 to say that it would be delivered in 5minutes (which it was!)
- Everything was fresh and tasty – even the coffee was still hot on delivery
- So much food – real value for money!
Future improvement suggestions
- Time slots should be in 30minute intervals… HIM starts at work at 11h00, so I would have preferred a 10am delivery time, but if I chanced it and took the 10h00-11h00 slot, I couldn’t be guaranteed that our food would arrive in time. Instead I took the 09h00-10h00 slot and it was delivered at 09h00 sharp.. which was actually too early
- an option to add the yoghurt/granola/fruit parfait to the simple breakfast…
What you need to know:
- Deliveries are only on Saturday & Sunday: 08h00-13h00
- Deliveries only possible in a 4km radius from the Bourse Area
- Payment: cash, bankcontact, bank transfer – but remember to put your proof of payment in email format
- You can order in advance online or even phone/email on the day
- the more you order, the cheaper it gets!
Would I use them again? DEFINITELY – but I would opt for the simple breakfast going forward! Show your support and order for this weekend!
phone: +32 493 06 78 24