How is it February 2016 already??? Where did 2015 go… and how have we already rushed through a month and a half of 2016??
I loved 2015… so many good memories, so here is a quick recap: I continued to post as regularly as I could, but due to pregnancy and new babies… there were times that I didn’t manage it, however, I did manage to schedule a few posts – one of which happened to go live the day that I was in labour and I remember a friend of mine being shocked that I had published a post while in hospital 🙂 Hee hee.. What the blog does show, is that I managed to write & publish 77 new blog posts (bringing my total to 522 since I started in Feb 2012). And here are a few of my (and your) favourites:
My top 5 favourite Restaurant Reviews in 2015:
- Sunday Brunch at La Fabrique
- Takumi (Donburi rice bowls & Gyoza’s)
- Marcel Burger Bar
- Bowery (SMETS) for fine dining
- Mellow (Frozen Yoghurt & Pancakes)
My Top 5 favourite Recipes in 2015:
- Mini Key Lime Mousse Pies
- Chocolate Brownies
- Mom’s 12 minute scones
- Coffee Cream Swiss Roll
- South African Malva Pudding
YOUR top 5 posts (most read):
- SA style Flapjacks/Crumpets
- How do you spell Hummus/Humus/Houmus?
- Scones (Paul Hollywood’s recipe)
- Broccoli & Courgette soup
- Pineapple fluff dessert
And finally, on a personal note:
- In Feb 2015, HIM and I found out that we were going to be growing our family from 2 to 3
- March & July => Hosted 2 more events with Brussels Food Friends (which was nominated & in the running for a Visit Brussels Award)
- May was busy with a trip back to Cape Town, a silent retreat weekend in Wepion, Namur & a girly shopping day at Maasmechelen village
- Throughout the year, we were happy to welcome friends who were visiting from afar: HIM’s friends Rita & Ricardo as well as Paulo & Angela from Portugal, Jon from South Africa – plus meeting up in London with one of my Besties, Kirsty and her new born baby boy (all the way from SA)
- October saw our Little Miss enter into this world … after a brief & somewhat easy (thank goodness) & natural labour – as a beautiful, bouncy and healthy baby
- November was when we celebrated our 2nd year of marriage (forever to be known as the amazing HIM)
- And finally, December was when both my parents visited us in Brussels… where we got to celebrate Little Miss’s baptism with friends & family
all in all – a fully and happy 2015… How was yours???
Wishing you all an amazing, happy & healthy 2016….