While Mommabear was here… she helped me make a quick berry jam – which was a perfect gift for Christmas hampers… as well as being gobbled up with her 12 minute scones!!
This recipe is easy to make, requires very little ingredients and can be adapted for other fruit jams! A definite make again!
670g red berries (strawberries & raspberries – cleaned and chopped)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil
- Stir regularly and leave on a medium heat until mixture starts to thicken
- Ensure that you skim the scum off the top of the liquid during the cooking process
- cool and place into sterilized bottles
- Keep in the fridge and use within 3months