Today is my first day back at work… after almost 4months of maternity leave and what can I say, except that I would have loved more time with the Little Miss… watching her grow and learn each day has filled my heart with so much love that words can not adequately describe.
So with babies on my mind… I revert back to the dessert that I made for New Years Eve… our first time celebrating as a *bigger* family and this time with two other “new” families and their little ones!
This dessert is sweet (duh!?!), easy to make and combines two of my favourite things – caramel AND banana!
I found the recipe in the BBC Good Food Magazine (April 2015 issue), although I omitted the cream, caramel and fresh banana topping for decoration purposes.
200g digestive biscuits (crushed)
100g butter (melted)
4 banana’s (peeled & sliced)
900g cream cheese
85g icing sugar (sifted)
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
300g caramel (I used a tin of Carnation)
- Mix crushed biscuits with melted butter and press into a greased springform tin to create a base.
- Place in fridge to chill
- Fry banana in a little bit of butter, remove from pan and leave to cool
- Arrange bananas on top of biscuit base
- To make cheesecake mix – whisk double cream until softly whipped.
- Place cream cheese & icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk until smooth
- Add whipped cream along with maple syrup & caramel to cream cheese mix
- Spoon over banana/base
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to set