HIM came home with a recipe for me the other day… a page that he had seen in a magazine featuring meat stuffed butternut and asked me to make it.
Who am I to refuse HIM? The man who eats to live … not like me… who lives to eat… so if he has a particular interest in a meal, I will make it!
The recipe came from the store magazine of Delitraiteur – which has been around for 22 years, with 35 shops across Belgium, open 7 days a week from 07h00 to 22h00 and focusing on offering ready-made meals, fresh bread, fruit/veg and a range of quality goods.
I adapted the recipe based on what was in our fridge… (i.e. no goats cheese) and I actually roasted the butternut before scooping out the centre and adding it to the mince!
1 butternut (cut lengthways & seeds scooped out)
250g mince (beef/pork mix)
80ml tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- heat olive oil in a saucepan and add mince & crushed garlic – cook until brown
- Add the sugar, tomato paste & pasatta (and a splash of water to make sure that there is sufficient liquid in the pot)
- reduce heat and leave to simmer for 10-20min
- Season butternut, add a drizzle of olive oil and bake at 180C for 30min
- Scoop out the cooked butternut and mix in with the mince
- Add the mixture back into the butternut shells, top with cheese and return to the oven for 15min (180C)