It has been a while since I really sat down to write-up a few recipes or even blog posts that were not associated with #BxlFF (Brussels Food Friends) or one of the monthly Secret Recipe Club reveals… and I have really missed it!
But I have a good excuse… as I have just spent 2weeks holiday in Cape Town (South Africa) with my family … which means I have some lovely restaurant food posts still to share with you… (they are coming, I promise!!) PLUS we have some other exciting news to share with you soon….
But now I am back in Brussels, back at home and getting my butt back into the kitchen! And therefore I wanted to share this delicious and super easy dinner recipe with you! From fridge to table in 25minutes or less!!
I had a whole punnet of mushrooms in the fridge that were starting to look a little sad… as well as some leftover cooked chicken breast… so I google-boxed for inspiration and finally decided to make a stroganoff inspired dish (which I adapted from a recipe from Nigella)
Would I make it again? Definitely… quick, easy and super tasty (not to mention filling!)
Chicken & Mushroom Stroganoff Pasta
500g mushrooms (chopped)
140g tomato paste
2 Tablespoons butter
150g chicken (cooked & sliced/shredded)
150ml chicken stock
- I found that cooking the pasta took the same amount of time as making the sauce – so put your pot of salted water on to boil as you start the sauce.
- Cook the pasta according the packet instructions
- Melt butter in a frying pan
- Add mushrooms and cook for 10minutes
- Stir in the tomato paste & the chicken stock – bring to the boil and then simmer for 5minutes
- Stir in the cream and the chicken pieces and simmer for a further 5minutes until the chicken is warmed through
- Serve on the pasta (or rice/baked potato)