Yupp – it is that time again…. Bookalokal Murder Mystery dinner party time… and although the theme is Italian (“Pasta, Passion & Pistols“) – I thought I might try to jazz up my Tiramisu dessert recipe.
I got inspiration from SugarHero with her chocolate ganache layers….but the rest of the recipe was mine 🙂
Tiramisu Chocolate Pots
500ml double cream
5 Tablespoons sugar
300ml strong coffee (2 Tablespoons coffee granules with 300ml boiling water)
200g boudoir sponge biscuits
100g dark chocolate
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon hot chocolate drinking powder
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces & place into a bowl
- Place 100ml of the double cream in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil – then remove from heat
- Pour over the dark chocolate & leave for a minute or so
- Then mix together to create a smooth ganache type consistency
- Beat together 400ml cream, mascarpone, sugar & port – until consistency of thickly whipped cream
- Place coffee in a shallow dish and roll sponge fingers in the liquid, one at a time – only for a brief second to coat both sides WITHOUT making them soggy!
- Layer each individual pot with chocolate sauce, then biscuits & finally the creamy mixture
- AND repeat layers until you end with the creamy layer.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight
- Decorate with mix of the cocoa powder & drinking chocolate powder & sift over the top… and maybe a piece of chocolate 🙂