2014 had some amazing memories (including our 2nd wedding celebration with HIM’s Portuguese family & friends) as well as some very sad ones (like the passing of my aunt Jules who was infamous for her lemon meringue pie)
A quick recap shows that I managed to write & publish 95 new posts (bringing my blog total to 445 posts since I started in Feb 2012) and these were some of yours and my favourites…
5 of my favourite BRUSSELS Restaurant reviews and visits of 2014 include:
- Cafe Des Spores (Mushroom Restaurant)
- Amadeus (Ribs… ribs… ribs)
- Forcado (Portuguese Bakery)
- Knees to Chin (Rice Paper Rolls)
- Peck 47 (Brunch & cocktails)
And 5 of my favourite tested Recipes of 2014 include:
- Chocolate & Salted Caramel Tartlets
- Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Best Ever Banana muffins
- Cheese bread wreath
Interestingly enough – the 5 most popular recipes on my blog where not even written in 2014!!!
- Flapjacks/Crumpets South African style…
- How do you spell Hummus?
- My Granny’s chocolate coconut biscuit recipe
- Pineapple fluff dessert
- Broccoli & Courgette Soup
and finally…. on a personal note – why did I love 2014? Because of all the celebrations!!!
- My mom’s 60th birthday in May
- HIM & I celebrated our “2nd wedding”in Portugal with his family & friends in July
- Started & Launched Brussels Food Friends with some truly awesome Belgian based food bloggers – whereby we coordinated 3 events during the course of the year….
- Celebrated 1year of marital bliss in November
- Was a member of Secret Recipe Club – showcasing another bloggers recipe at the beginning of each month
- Continued to host Bookalokal Murder Mystery Dinner parties (Read reviews from the bookalokal site, Very Hungry Explorer & S Marks the Spots)
How was your 2014???
Any special plans for 2015???