Remember how I told you last week that we had an absolute glut of ripe bananas? And how I had doubled the recipe of banana & raspberry muffins to take to the office? Well – there were still ripe bananas….
I really wasn’t in the mood to bake more muffins … not in the same week… so I did a bit of googlebox searching and found this easy peasy (lemon squeezy) recipe on the Taste of Home website for banana & blueberry pancakes.
it makes enough batter for about 4 people for breakfast (I had 2 pancakes, HIM had 4… and there was still enough batter to make another 4 or more pancakes). This is definitely a recipe that I would make again… and again…
Banana & Blueberry pancakes
1 ½ cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder & salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg
- Add milk, mashed banana & vanilla to the egg mixture
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients
- Heat a non-stick frying pan
- Place a ladle full of batter into hot pan and sprinkle with blueberries
- When bubbles start to form – flip the pancake over to cook other side until golden brown