I recently hosted my 5th Bookalokal Murder Mystery Dinner party recently… and have realised that my *trademark* is serving cheesecake for dessert.
So when I found a recipe for a Lemon baked cheesecake in the BBC Good Food Magazine (March 2009 issue) – I knew that this would be another one for me to adapt & try out with the Bookalokal guests!!
I swapped out the lemon for lime… and I did not use the topping suggestion that they had created (sour cream with lemon curd and then topped with raspberries). I also decided to use chocolate digestive biscuits for the base and then served the cheesecake with chocolate finger biscuits (as I am a fan of mixing citrus & chocolate together!!)
This was a really simple cheesecake to put together and I would consider trying it again.
Lime Baked Cheesecake
225g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
600g cream cheese
2 eggs plus 2 additional egg yolks
zest of 2 limes & juice of 1
4 Tablespoons of flour
- Place biscuits and melted butter into a food processor and whizz together until fine
- Press into the base of greased springform tin & chill for an hour
- Whisk all other ingredients together
- Place cheesecake mixture into tin
- Bake for 35-45min at 170C (fan)
- turn off oven and leave the cake to cool inside