As already mentioned – Summer has finally arrived in Brussels AND we have moved into our wonderful new home that has a little terrace!
So we celebrated the new move with a housewarming braai/BBQ for our friends (and neighbours)… and with 25 or so people swarming around our lounge and outdoor area… I knew that one dessert just wouldnt be enough (I had made the 3milk cake as well) and funny enough – this recipe also comes from one of the Olive Magazines ( September 2012 issue).
It was surprisingly easy to make – quite tasty – and what can be termed *simple but stylish*
I adapted the recipe by making a biscuit base (aka cheesecake style) instead of using shortcrust pastry and I think that it made this tart more summery!!
Lime & Buttermilk Tart
150g biscuits (crushed)
50g butter (melted)
200g caster sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
60g butter (melted)
1 lime – zested
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and make *crumbs* – add the 50g melted butter
- place in a greased pie dish and push down using a spoon to make the base
- Place in the fridge to chill while you mix the rest of the ingredients together
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy
- add flour, buttermilk, 60g melted butter, vanilla extractand lime zest
- Pour mixture into pie dish
- Bake for 40-45minutes at 150C