If you are on diet… look AWAY now….
This recipe was found in the BBC Good Food Magazine (November 2010 issue) but it is also (very) similar to my Self-Saucing Chocolate Dessert (which can be found here) – but I absolutely love the idea of adding the marshmallows on top!!
They become all sticky and mushy (exactly as if you had been toasting them over a fire) and under the chocolate cake is lots of sticky and gooey chocolate sauce…. this combination works… probably a little too well for my waistline… but that is what Monday’s are for… starting diets again, right?
Sticky chocolate Pudding with marshmallows
140g butter, melted
375g self-raising flour
175g caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder.
½ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
450g light muscovado sugar
7 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 large handfuls of marshmallows
- Butter a large baking dish
- Sift flour, salt, caster sugar, baking powder and 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla
- Mix the dry and the wet ingredients together
- pour into baking dish (this can be covered with cling film and chilled for up to 24hr)
- Boil kettle
- Sprinkle the moscovado sugar and cocoa evenly over the pudding
- Pour 700ml boiling water over the top (using the back of a large spoon so as not to disturb the cake mixture too much)
- Bake for 35-45minutes at 180C
- Scatter marshmallows over the top and return to the oven for a few more minutes until they are starting to melt
- Serve straight away with ice-cream