who doesn’t love stuffing?????
The perfect accompaniment to any Roast dinner… and therefore the perfect partner for our Easter Roast Chicken Dinner!
This recipe was in the Good Housekeeping December 2008 Magazine Issue.. and I have kept it ever since… (the original recipe was also made using sausage meat… but I opted to increase the amount of bread crumbs instead)
Apple Stuffing balls wrapped in Bacon
2 apples, cored, peeled and finely diced
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
- gently fry the onion and celery in a large frying pan for 10min until softened.
- tip into a bowl to cool
- Add apple, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs and eggs
- Mix and season well
- Make 24-28 balls (roll to the size of golf balls)
- Cut the strips of bacon in half and wrap around each stuffing ball
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet tray
- Bake for 30min (with a piece of foil on top) at 200C
- Remove foil and continue to cook for a further 15minutes to brown