It sounds odd… but don’t mock it, until you have tried it!
Brussels is currently still suffering through winter… and it is April already… SAD, but true… and what better way to fill the belly and ward away the cold spells, than with a winter(?) warming bowl of soup?
Mom mentioned that she had been to an Easter luncheon at Dad’s whereby Dad’s partner had served a Cauliflower and Tomato soup – which was burnt orange in colour and deliciously subtle in taste…
Which got me salivating… so with Wednesday being Market day at the Chatelain, I braved the blustering cold wind with my little basket in order to get some fresh veggies!
Cauliflower and Tomato Soup
1 head of Cauliflower, broken into florets
300ml of Passata
2 leeks, sliced
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
knob of butter
enough stock/water to cover the veggies
- Fry the onion, leek and garlic in a little bit of butter for about 5minutes
- add the passatta and some herbs – reduce heat and simmer for 5minutes
- add the cauliflower florets to the pot and top up with the stock/water
- Gently simmer away until the Cauliflower is soft
- I added some feta and fresh basil pieces and it was superb!