Ok – so it isn’t really as easy as that… but pretty close!
Mommabear used to make this soup at the *end of the month*… and you know what? It was so tasty, warm and filling that we never really felt the *end of the month* blues. Her recipe really is just 6 carrot, 1 onion and some stock… but I like to add some potatoes as well.. as it makes the soup thicker and even MORE filling! Plus a bit of garlic with the onion as it adds that extra *PUNCH*!!
10 carrots, peeled and chopped
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, diced
blob of butter
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1.5l chicken stock (you can use vegetable stock if you like, but it isn’t really the same)
- Fry onion and garlic in the melted butter (in a large pot)
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes and stock
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through)
- Liquidise and add salt/pepper to taste (although I find that there is sufficient salt in the stock…)
- Serve with fresh bread slathered in butter