This is a recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago and realised that I never shared the recipe!
I drool over gorgonzola cheese.. an Italian veined blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow or goat’s milk which is buttery and generally quite salt with a bit of a *bite* from the blue veining. And because of this, it works very well with anything that has a sweet edge to it. (e.g. pears, walnuts, figs… and in my case leeks!) And of course – it is perfect on top of a perfectly cooked steak or burger!!!
Gorgonzola & Leek Tartlets
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 leeks, sliced
200-250g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 pack of puff pastry
- Cut circles out of the puff pastry to make 12 discs that fit into a muffin tray and refrigerate for at least 1hour
- Fry onion, leeks and garlic in the butter
- Add the flour to make a paste
- Pour in stock and cream, reduce heat and continue to stir for 5minutes until sauce starts to thicken
- Crumble in the gorgonzola cheese and stir
- Remove from heat and add spoonful into each pastry cup
- Bake at 180C for 20-25minutes