My neighbours decide to have a party on a Thursday night… which really doesn’t bug me… except when they decide to move onto the balcony (aka Terrace) next to my bedroom window (which happens to be open) and sing and talk VERY loudly at 2.30am…. then I mind.
This meant that I was unable to go back to sleep… and at about 5am – I decided that enough was enough and that I may as well get up and add value to the day! This meant cleaning up and tidying up as HIM gets back from holiday this evening… watching another episode of MadMen (maybe not so value adding) and whipping up a batch of muffins to take to the office!
Sourced from the BBCGoodFood website…. using *banana* as my search word – I found a recipe for Breakfast muffins which I adapted accordingly. I didn’t use half wholemeal and half normal flour – but I did use bran…. and this is my version:
Banana Breakfast Health Muffins
200g plain flour (sifted)
2 teaspoons baking powder
handful of pumpkin seeds, plus extra for topping
handful of sultanas or raisins
4 very ripe banana’s (mashed)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 Tablespoons milk
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bran, sugar, seeds and sultana’s in a bowl
- Add oil, milk, eggs and banana to the mixture
- Fold in quickly with a metal spoon but don’t mix too long (otherwise muffins get tough)
- Divide into muffins tins (lined with muffin cases) and sprinkle remaining pumpkin seeds on top
- Bake for 20-25minutes at 180C