Yes… I hang my head in shame… and fully admit on the world wide web that I made something and it didn’t turn out the way the picture did… it was a bit of a flop… there I said it!
Maybe because I tweaked the recipe too much??
- instead of using fresh cranberries… I used the dried ones and then try to rehydrate them in the stove by warming them up with some schnapps (I have used this concept with raisins and port before placing in a carrot cake and it was delicious… so my thought process was that it would work here… clearly not… maybe I can blame the schnapps?)…
- I used olive oil instead of sunflower oil
- I baked them too long
but whatever the case… they never rose like a muffin should … so the tops where essentially as hard as biscuits while the middles were delightfully tasty.
This was not a food experiment that I could share with friends and neighbours… so after scoffing the middles of about 3 (yes, I hang my head in shame)… I actually binned them. And trust me… throwing away food is not in my nature! I would normally eat my mistakes in order to hide them… but for this purpose – I had to remove the temptation…
If any of you have tried the recipe and got it right, let me know… or give me an indication of where you think I went so wrong! And looking at the comments on the Good Food Website – nobody else seemed to feel the same way as me.. so clearly this is a once off…. oops
Cranberry & Cream Cheese Muffins
100g cream cheese
250g caster sugar
2tsp baking powder
75ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the cream cheese with 25g of sugar and chill until needed.
- Heat cranberries with 25g sugar until they start to pop. Mash slightly and leave to cool.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add remaining sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt
- Add eggs, oil vanilla and cranberry mixture and stir together
- Divide between 12 muffin cases
- Make a dip in each case and add a blob of the
One thought on “Cranberry and Cream Cheese muffins… not my finest moment”
Pingback: SRC: Cranberry and Cream Cheese Muffins | The Pajama Chef