I got onto the scale this morning… something I should have avoided doing if I wanted to have a happy day… but I did it… and it almost broke my heart (at least it didn’t break the scale)… but after attempting to pull on my jeans (success) and then trying to do up the button (fail)… I realised that 2weeks of holiday and months of cooking up a storm are finally taking their toil on my middle…
As much fun as it has been eating my way through all these experiments.. the time has come to make a few more mid-drift friendly items…
Don’t worry – this doesn’t mean carrots and celery… but at least finding a few guilt free desserts, cakes and such that don’t continue this bulge trend… to at least let me enjoy life without having to invest in a whole new wardrobe! 🙂 The fun WILL continue!!
Having said all this – I want to share a recipe from Mom… that I thought was light and fluffy (in a good way), not to mention tasty… and definitely won’t clog up any arteries! PROMISE!
1 tin evaporated milk (Ideal Milk)
1 small tin crushed pineapple
1 packet of pineapple jelly powder (lemon if you must)
1 packet of tennis biscuits
- Add jelly powder to 2cups of boiling water, mix well and cool
- Whisk evaporated milk until stiff
- Pour cooled jelly mixture to milk mixture and whisk again until mixture is stiff
- Fold in crushed pineapple
- Add layer of biscuits to a rectangular dish, top with mixture and repeat process until everything is used up.
- Sprinkle a few crushed biscuits on top to decorate
- refrigerate until set
- Granadilla pulp & lemon jelly
- Strawberries & strawberry jelly
- etc etc etc