Yes – Weight Watchers actually likes this recipe… and how do I know? Well – they featured it in their Weight Watchers Cook Smart Entertaining cookbook!!!
I am never able to get the roulade to look as perfect as it does in the picture – but I reckon that the taste is SPOT on… really delicious and low in calories!! Hallelujah!!!
(and No – I am not converting to that horrible 4 letter word – although I know that I probably should… sigh… another monday)
150g Caster sugar
8 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
50g cocoa powder
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g natural yoghurt
50g white cooking chocolate (melted) – but I don’t add it as I think the yoghurt and fruit is sufficient as a filling
1 Tablespoon Caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200g fresh raspberries (and few for decoration)
- Spray a 33x23cm wiss roll tin with cooking spray, line with a greaseproof baking parchment and dust with 2 Tablespoons Caster sugar
- whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until they form peaks
- Add remaining caster sugar a little at a time and continue until mixture is thick and glossy.
- fold in cocoa powder and vanilla essence.
- Scrape mixture into prepared tin
- Bake for 30min at 180C
- Leave to cool
- make filling – mix yoghurt, melted chocolate, caster sugar & vanilla essence.
- spread evenly over unrolled roulade and add berries
- roll up the roulade using greaseproof baking sheet to help
- Decorate with mint and remaining raspberries and serve!!