I love the name of this biscuits!! *LEMON KISSES*
In terms of simplicity of ingredients… this recipe does not disappoint… (and I was extra lazy and used lemon juice instead of juicing my own lemons… in all fairness – it wasn’t because I didn’t want to, it was because I didn’t have any fresh lemons and I was in the mood to bake at 7am (before the shops were open!))
200g soft butter
140g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1 lemon
280g plain flour (plus extra for rolling)
1/2 jar lemon curd
140g icing sugar, sifted
- stir together butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and zest from 1 lemon using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the flour
- Tip onto floured surface, bring together into a smooth dough, then roll out (half at a time) and stamp out 5-6cm rounds
- Arrange on trays lined with baking parchment, cover with clingfilm and chill for 30min.
- Bake at 200C for 8-12minutes
- Once cool, spread half the biscuits with lemon curd and top with second biscuit.
- Arrange biscuits on wire racks over trays.
- Mix enough lemon juice with icing sugar to make a runny icing and drizzle over biscuits.
- Scatter some lemon zest… and leave to set.