Bunnies like carrots… right? So they should therefore also like carrot cake… right?
Why do I want to ensare this poor defenseless bunny?
SIMPLE… I want his Chocolate stash 🙂
And well… lets be honest, my cat Trouble wouldn’t mind a bite of his… ahum… well… just a bite 🙂 of the chocolate that is!!!!
Ok.. enough bullsh*t for one day.
The real reason that I am baking a Carrot cake is because the planning team that I work with on a regular basis really and truly go well and beyond their call of duty at work! They manage miracles on a daily basis when most people would respond with a *no* and I have been promising them a cake (or two) for absolute ages!
This is one of those carrot cakes that fits into the *OMG that was so easy … but is tasty* category (reminder to self to create that category) and the cream cheese icing compliments it to the point where you think… “If I have another slice, will I still fit into my pants?”… yes, yes it is that moreish!
4 Tablespoons Orange Juice/Port
175ml Sunflower oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
225g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bircarbonate of soda
60g walnuts, chopped
200g carrot, grated
- Place raisins and orange juice/port in a pot and bring to the boil
- Simmer gently for 2minutes and then set aside to cool
- whisk together eggs, oil and sugar until creamy
- Sift cinnamon, flour, baking powder & bicarb into egg mixture
- Fold in cocount, walnuts, carrots and raisins
- Spoon in baking container and bake for 45min at 180C