I had one of those days where I think that it would have been an idea to wear a warning on my shirt that said *BEWARE, this B*tch bites*….one of those days that not even a slab of chocolate or a bottle of wine can fix… so on the way home, I popped into the Mom ‘n Pop corner store for inspiration… and Inspiration I did find! BLUEBERRIES!!
We all know that this little blue balls of sweetness contain a diverse range of micronutrients and have high levels of the essential vitamins like B6, C and K… not to mention that it provides some additional attributes that have shown effects in reducing risks of some diseases, including inflammation and certain cancers…
Now I know that the inflammation that I had was in the b*tch-zone… and I definitely need some feel good releasing endorphins (right?????)… so I scoured my latest magazines and found a purr-fect recipe in the latest Good Food Magazine (March 2012 page 93).
Polenta & Blueberry loaf
200g self-raising flour
140g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
140g butter, softened
2 Tablespoons Orange juice (I didn’t have orange juice – so i used lemon juice, it just meant that the cake was not as sweet)
- Mix Polenta, flour, sugar, baking powder & butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Mix juice with the egg and pour into dry mixture
- Mix until mixture forms a ball of dough
- Grease a loaf tin
- Add half the dough into the loaf tin and scatter half the blueberries
- Cover with the other half of the dough… and finish with the remaining blueberries
- Bake for 1hr at 160C
YEAH – the cure for B*tchiness!!!