Another recipe from the Weight Watchers *Cook Smart Simply suppers* recipe book… this time on page 100! And for the record, I am not actually following the Weightwatchers plan, although I probably should be… but then how in the hell would I be able to enjoy all the other recipes that I like to test out (i.e. chocolate brownies, blueberry Polenta loaf, etc etc).
This dish is actually not a *diet* tasting type meal, but is absolutely perfect for the start of Spring… I substituted the coriander for mint and OMG, it gives it this fresh and nom-nom flavour that complements the tuna patties along with the relish, like you wont believe!
Tuna Patties & cucumber/tomato relish
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
1 Tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (I actually used Steers BBQ Sauce)
200g can tuna drained & flaked
- In a bowl, mix the egg, mint and chilli sauce
- Add tuna and breadcrumbs
- shape into burger patties, using damp hands to stop the mixture sticking
- Lightly coat a non stick frying pan with cooking spray and fry the burgers for 4min on each side until hot, crisp and golden brown
- Slice some cucumber and tomato (as much or as little as you like)
- Add some chopped mint, a dash of lemon juice and a dash of olive oil