When the weather gets grey, cold and rainy here in Brussels… I always find that my mom’s recipe for Butternut soup is enough to chase away the *miz* feelings I get… or least keep them at bay for a day or two.
This is one of those super easy recipes that makes more than enough to fill the fridge or freezer for a few days… and is also a great way to start a dinner party!
500gm Butternut (or Pumpkin) – cleaned, peeled and diced
250gm Potatoes – cleaned, peeled and diced
1 onion – diced
Salt & Pepper
2cups Chicken stock
1. Fry the onion in some butter
2. Add potato, butternut (or pumpkin) and milk
3. Simmer until tender
4. Liquidise until silky smooth
5. Add the chicken stock… and taste… then add Salt & Pepper
6. heat all the way through before serving…
A Truly tummy warming winter meal….