I am back in Brussels and this means that I am getting myself back into the groove of this little blog… (remembering to take photo’s and of course to do the write-up’s thereafter!)
With the UK Buttles Bake Challenge in Brussels (theme = chocolate) to occur this upcoming Sunday and of course Great British Bake Off having started season 4 last night AND showcasing the most amazing Chocolate creations… my brain is going crazy about Chocolate, cake and desserts!!
HIM – being the perfect man that he is… and still being on holiday these last few days… created a delectable dinner for me when I got home from work… and for this – I was very eager to make a dessert for HIM, M and I to enjoy after his delicious Portuguese roasted chicken!
Having found this recipe in the Olive magazine (October 2012 issue) with only 4 ingredients and a promise of 20minutes (plus chilling)… it was sure to be a winner! (Please note that this recipe does involve alcohol :))
150g of good cooking chocolate
3 eggs, separated
2 Tablespoons of coffee liqueur (they recommended amaretti liquer- but HIM had brought back the most delicious coffee liqueur from Portugal…)
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
- Place egg yolks and liqueur in a glass bowl over another saucepan of simmering water and whisk with electric beaters until it has tripled in size (should take 5-7min)
- Be careful not to overheat – otherwise eggs will scramble (and you don’t want that!!)
- Fold into the chocolate and butter mixture
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of sugar until they form stiff peaks
- Fold into chocolate mixture
- Place into 4 small dishes and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- serve with berries, biscuits or decorations of your choice!